Wednesday, November 02, 2005

slasher cup

Today I got my bag slashed.

Yup you heard me right.

SLASHED. RIPPED OFF.

I lost ALL my ATM, ALL my Identification cards and my Cheque (honorarium).

I was really dumbfounded when I saw the right side of my bag with a slash as big as my wrist.


Initially, when I checked the contents of my bag I was really happy that my wallet and my cell phone was there.

It took me a while to realize that my
card holder was not there.

I felt weak on my knees.

At the end of the day I just realized that what I have been holding unto has been realized “All things work together for good for those who love God and are called according

to His purpose” Romans 8:28.

It made me think of God as the Creator of the universe who yearns for us to know Him.

Silly as it may seem, you might think that amidst the undesirable experience that I had I think of this, some might say that I have this false stand.

But nope.

This is oh so real!

It is His desire that we rely on and experience His strength, love, justice, holiness and compassion. So He says to all who are willing, "Come to Me."


Unlike me, God knows what will happen tomorrow, next week, next year, the next decade. He says, "I am God, and there is no one like me, declaring the end from the beginning." Isaiah 46:9

He knows what will happen in the world. More importantly, He knows what will occur in my life and can be there for me or you, if you've chosen to include Him in your life.

He tells us that He can be "our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in times of trouble." Psalm 46:1

But one must make a sincere effort to seek Him. He says, "you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart." Jeremiah 29:13

But that doesn't mean that those who know God will escape difficult times.

They won't.

I did not. And I can say that I know God.

One example is what happened to me when the ‘incident’ occurred I was not exempted but one thing that is different about this event is that there is peace and strength that was brought about by God's presence.

One follower of Jesus Christ put it this way: "We are hard pressed on every side, but
not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed." 2Corinthians 4:8-9

Reality tells us that we will experience problems in life.

However, if we go through them while knowing God, we can react to them with a different perspective and with a strength that is not our own.

No problem has the capacity to be insurmountable to God. He is bigger than all the problems that can hit us, and we are not left alone to deal with them.

God's Word tells us, "The Lord is near to all who call on him, to all who call on him in truth. He fulfills the desires of those who fear him; he hears their cry and saves them." Psalms 145:18-19

Jesus Christ told His followers these comforting words: "Are not two sparrows sold for a cent? And yet not one of them will fall to the ground apart from your Father. But the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Therefore do not fear; you are of more value than many sparrows." Matthew 10:29-31

If you truly turn to God, He will care for you as no one else does, and in a way that no one else can.

Tomorrow I have to go and get a notarized letter so that I can get my ID’s and ATM replaced then have to inform the finance department to cancel my cheques.

Definitely a lot of work.

The good news…

Sanctification.

*Thank you MARK DE GUZMAN.

guestbook
Grace Bible Church
photos
atom
RSS