Monday, October 24, 2005

long over due...underworld

I have watched Underworld out of the context that I like Kate Beckinsale, but the problem is I hate Vampires (or anything that is product of occult).

The backbone of the movie revolves around a war that has been fought for centuries between Vampires and Lycans (also known as Werewolves).

The movie was a pleasant surprise.

It a dark movie (literally, almost gothic like), has lots of rain, a solid story, solid characters, perfect character development, state of the art werewolf transformations, great fight scenes (especially the last twenty minutes of the movie) and splendid whip and gun fights.

Even the bullets they used were pretty good/cool!

There is not too much about this movie that I didn't like.

Underworld kicked some major ass.

I believe that director Len Wiseman might have just redefined the Vampire/Werewolf genre with the work he did on Underworld.


I loved how Wiseman plays with your mind in the movie.

This movie is probably not the best vampire movie ever made, but I cannot think of a better werewolf movie in many years and having the vampires and werewolves at war with each other was great…err…fun.

And the couple of twists and turns that he adds to their ongoing war only added to an already enjoyable movie.

Pure brilliance.

There are so many things that could have been done wrong with a vampire/werewolf flick but he just seems to get everything right.

I'm sure that the director ill be criticized for the likeness in his movie to others such as Blade, The Crow and The Matrix.

But all I know is that I was extremely entertained.

I should also mention Kate Beckinsale. I never really thought of her as much more than a your typical romantic comedy cutie.

In this movie she kicked ass.

I believe that Underworld is a great action movie and an even better "creatures of the night" flick.

Don't be afraid to sink your teeth into this one.

You will not be disappointed.

guestbook
Grace Bible Church
photos
atom
RSS