Monday, November 01, 2004

enticing humbleness

After the ‘back out’ incident. An idea crossed my mind. That week me, my cell leader and another friend prayed for the event and the participants.

I, specifically prayed for humility.

God gave it to me. The hard way.

I must admit that sometimes my knowledge of christianity fills my head. In fact, I might be proud for sometime. Specially to those who claim that they don’t believe that god exist or to those who are complacent.

But God hears prayers and answers them right away.

My cell leader told me that she didn’t see any problem when it comes to humility from me, so I first thought then there is no problem.

But I asked God for humility not because I was proud or boastful. I asked him for humility because it is the best way to mold character and if people don’t see it,

God sure does.
‘when pride comes, then comes disgrace, but with humility comes wisdom’ (proverbs 11:2)
maybe people don’t see it in me but God see me through, inside out and if what I feel, think and do is not pleasing to him I am more than happy to correct it.

Then a funny thought came, amidst the pain that I have been feeling, God still has a way of showing you that he loves you very much. Aside from gaining experience from the back out event which is total rehash for me because prior to being a Christian I have problems when it comes to rejection.

Rejection is my waterloo.

I don’t know how to handle it.

I have missed good opportunities in life trying not to be set up in a situation that might spur rejection.

Surprisingly God’s promise came true.

I was rejected. But not devastated.

I came across a very precious note, ‘because the Lord disciplines those he loves, as a father the son he delights in’ (proverbs 3:12) and god loves me even if I was rejected.

In fact God loves me/us period.

Even if I loss the spiritual battle.

One prima facie that God loves us, is the fact that-

Everyday we improve.

Everyday we learn.

And everyday he see us through.

guestbook
Grace Bible Church
photos
atom
RSS