Sunday, December 05, 2004

trivial war

This has happened to me many times, I would tell people about God and the talk would turn be a debate.

I hate debate.Again, one more time, I hate debate.

I hate the fact that I have to prove myself to anybody.

The part I hate most is the feeling that God has to prove himself to other people.

Many people test God through trivial facts. Truth, I have encountered a couple of people who keeps on rebutting the bible and when I asked them if they have read it, they would say in the most dumb-dumb way ‘ uh...no’…what the? what was that about?

How could you question a thing you don’t know anything about? What right do you have? Its like watching a film and deconstructing it without watching it? where is it coming from? on thin air?
Don’t you have the decency to be somebody credible before you refute something?

This is not even the worst part. The worst part is, that if you answered all their question they would ask ‘how can you believe that there is a God, you don’t have a proof?(please take note of the sentence cionstruction, as if God is just a thing...)’

That is it!…the minute I heard that I snapped. What proof do you need? Look around you.
Look at you. What more do you need.

If it is solid proof that you need, think about these-
the proof that you need has been in your face two thousand years ago
the proof that you need is that empty feeling you have inside you that you try to pacify with material things, cheap thrills, relationships, etc.
the proof you need is the fact that you completely deny his existence.
Why do you have to deny it if there is none. Why do people have this notion that if they can trivialize Gods existence they would be satisfied?

Just like what people say I often times think that I am above them, and I have to agree, not because I am proud or boasting, but God had granted me the opportunity to see things in a different perspective. And truly I love it.

It is very liberating to live for him.
It is very liberating to live minus the worlds standard.
It is very liberating to live with a new heart.
It is very liberating to live in HIS ways.
And It is very liberating to live thinking that you have a purpose.

And no matter what people say I don’t care.

Jesus said ‘if the world hates you keep in mind that it hated me first. If you belong to the world it would love you as its own, as it is you do not belong to the world, that is why the world hates you’.
John15:18-19

guestbook
Grace Bible Church
photos
atom
RSS